- This event has passed.
Sydney pub tour (optional tour)
20 September @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Journey through some of the oldest and most charismatic pubs in Sydney. A professional and passionate local tour guide will not only inform but entertain as you venture deep into the heart of Australian pub culture and experience firsthand how much these charming locations have shaped Aussie culture. Visit Australia’s longest running Irish pub and discover the mystery behind Sydney’s oldest pub, and learn the history of each. Hear the disturbing tales of Sydney’s ganglands, and visit the scenes of the crimes. Discover underground tunnels and back lanes used for rum smuggling and Shanghaiing sailors. Enjoy gourmet pizza and the opportunity to taste kangaroo and crocodile meat.
• 3 hour guided walking tour to 4 heritage listed pubs. Average distance between pubs is 600m (.35miles) including staircases.
• A Schooner glass of boutique/hand crafted Australian beer, a glass of Australian wine or a soft drink at each pub.
• Dinner, consisting of a choice of a range of gourmet pizzas (allergies and vegetarians catered for).
• Access to behind the scenes areas not open to general public.
• Accurate historical commentary by a trained professional.
• Advice and recommendations on Australian beer and wine.
• Advice and recommendations on destinations and activities (well-known and hidden).
• Photos capturing the evening, accessible via Facebook page.
Cost: AUD 115.00 per personShare: